January 4th, 2019
It’s our favourite time of year, boat show season!
The time when we can chat with boaters one-on-one – answer questions, deliver quotes – or just say hi, how was your summer boating?
The Skippers’ Plan marine insurance specialists will be at the Toronto International Boat Show booth #1753 from January 18-27 at the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place.
North America’s largest indoor boat show, the 2019 Toronto Show will showcase a selection of 1200 boats ranging from 6 ft. – 60 ft., as well as the latest in marine accessories. A broad range of marine services exhibit from insurance to yacht brokerage to the latest in sailing magazines.
But there’s more…
New this year is the introduction of Women’s Day on Sunday, January 20. A full-day separate ticketed event, Women’s Day invites women to participate in seminars, speaking events and hands-on learning workshops that will further their boating skills and help them gain the confidence needed for boat ownership and taking the helm.
The ticket price of $99 includes: lunch, speakers, a closing reception, a return ticket back to the show, prizes and a goodie bag.
Bestselling author and avid boater Deb Cantrell is the keynote speaker. She will share her journey and love of living afloat. Her presentation entitled Build Your Confidence – Maximize Your Fun! is both relatable and inspiring, having embarked on an ambivalent love affair with boating 28 years ago when her husband, Jim, announced out of the blue that he’d like to “sell everything and sail away.”
There will be lots of opportunity for attendees to mix and mingle with other women boaters and ask questions. Skippers’ Plan marine insurance specialist Petra Fischer will be one of the panelists during the Lunch and Learn Session.
Space is limited to 150 women, and pre-registration is required. As of early January there were a few tickets left, but some sessions are filling up quickly. Book now so you won’t be disappointed.
There are a number of other great boat show events, but two really caught our eye:
- Royal Canadian Air Force CH-146 Griffon Search and Rescue Helicopter – Meet the men and women who operate the CH-
Photo par Caporal Jean-Roch Chabot
146 Griffon Search and Rescue (SAR) helicopters, one of which will be displayed on-site. Come talk to the pilots, flight engineers, and SAR technicians of 424 Transport and Rescue Squadron and members of Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Trenton to learn more about the Royal Canadian Air Force’s preparedness for aeronautical and marine SAR missions, and what boasters can do to prevent SAR callouts.
- Remote-Controlled Sailing Regatta – Large remote-controlled sailboats compete on the indoor lake in the Boat Show’s first ever, week-long regatta series. Watch as these miniature boats race around a floating course. To make the race realistic and challenging they will have to navigate in simulated wind conditions powered by giant fans.
And the standard show features, just get more interesting every year!
- 250 FREE Seminars – The Toronto Boat Show offers the most comprehensive line up of education and free daily seminars. Learn from boating enthusiasts, marine experts, ocean racers and sailors who will share their incredible adventures.
- Hundreds of NEW Products – More new products are launched at the Toronto Boat Show than anywhere in Canada, making it the premier destination to get a first look at what’s new in the boating industry
- Lake Activities – The world’s largest indoor Lake is still the perfect setting to enjoy FREE boating activities from pedal boat, kayak and canoe rides to wake boarding lessons from the experts at Boarder Pass. You can learn Stand-up Paddle boarding, SUP Yoga and Water polo and Freestyle Kayaking.
- 100-year-old boats – The Antique & Classic Boat Society returns to the atrium with a selection of vintage watercraft from mahogany wood boats to classic fibreglass runabouts and ski boats. This is the place to learn more about Canada’s rich boating heritage and the rare grand old boats of the Muskoka’s and beyond.
And when Andrew Robertson, isn’t in the booth, he’ll be at the New Boater Welcome Centre, participating for another year, along with John Gullick, Pat Sturgeon and Barry Goodyear in ‘Boat Buying Basics: How to Buy Your First Boater’. A perfect seminar for every boater interested in buying a boat, even if it’s not their first boat!
Put some summer in your winter, at the Toronto Boat Show! We’ll see you there!
Discover why boaters have trusted Skippers’ Plan
with their boat insurance for over 70 years!
Get an online quote today!
Skippers’ Plan Boat Insurance
Part of Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited
800-661-7211 | 416-789-7211
Report a Claim | Contact a Boat Insurance Specialist